I’m thrilled that you found me, and I’m honored to embark upon a creative process with you as we uncover what motivates you (and maybe your partner and/or team) to pursue the success you desire.
Here’s a little more about me. I look forward to sharing more as we get to know each other better.
- Master of Arts in Dance/Movement Therapy and Counseling
- Graduate Laban Certificate in Movement Analysis (GL-CMA)
- Movement Pattern Analysis Certification (MPAC)
- All from Columbia College Chicago
- BA in Dance with minor in English – Point Park University in Pittsburgh, PA
- Teaching Positions
- The Theatre School of DePaul University (2013-present)
- Chicago Movement Collective (2020-present)
- Dovetail Studios (2015-present)
- Lou Conte Dance Studio/Hubbard Street Dance Chicago (2005-2020)
- Columbia College Chicago – Department of Creative Arts Therapies (2009-2015)
- University of Chicago – Physical Education (2005-2011)
- Current Artistic Engagement
- I’m celebrating my eighteenth year as a movement collaborator with an innovative and internationally-recognized dance company, Molly Shanahan/Mad Shak. I also provide behind-the-scenes support in grant-writing and general administrative processes.
- In addition to the framework of Laban/Bartenieff studies, my influences include the Feldenkrais Method, Body-Mind Centering, Authentic Movement, Continuum, and Contact Improvisation.
- I have also worked as an intimacy choreographer/consultant at Steppenwolf Theatre Company, Victory Gardens Theater, TimeLine Theatre Company, Remy Bumppo Theatre (all Chicago), and Center Theatre Group (LA).
- Previous Artistic Engagement
- Other influential dance training includes Trisha Brown Dance Studio and many downtown NYC dance artists such as David Dorfman, Miguel Gutierrez, and K.J. Holmes.
- I have shown work at Links Hall, Hamlin Park, Epiphany Church, and The Dance Center at Columbia College Chicago, among others.
Photographer: KJ Heath